Following on from my previous post, More medication (continued), the final day of administering of medication was as difficult as the other days!
- Day 8 of medication (Wednesday, 21st May)
AM: Caught Bezukhov in the Manor. Due to all the wriggling, a very small amount was given. 1/10
PM: Very quickly caught Bezukhov in the Manor. Managed to give him some medication. 5/10
Previously, the last day Bezukhov had an ‘episode’ was Thursday, 8th May. Unfortunately, he had another one on the 29th May, three weeks after. Since the last vet visit, he has had Calcivet in the water. They appear to be moulting again & Bezukhov has lost another tail feather & a couple of wing feathers. Maybe his immune system is compromised because of the moult.
I sent an email to Ms Exotic Hospital Vet (EHV) for advice. She suggested that we should test his droppings so I collected a few poops each day, for three days. The samples were given to the vet yesterday, so we now await the results.